I had some fun reunions over the week. One with some books club ladies in the publishing business that I have known for awhile. We usually have so much going on and so many books to read that we struggle to finish the book, and this month was no exception. But we did have a fun photo shoot with my friend’s dog.
Savor Beauty & Spa had an event at their pop-up shop in Soho that I attended. They are a natural and organic skincare line. Their products appear to be well formulated and light on the scent. I am not buying much new skincare right now as I have a bunch products I want to finish first, but I will be keeping them in my back pocket for new things to try. I really loved the truffle face cream and I may also get a bottle of this.
Last night my outing was dinner with friends at Fedora (one of my neighborhood favorites) and then karaoke. Later on today I’m heading out to play shuffleboard for the birthday of one of my close girlfriends. I have never tried it and know nothing about it, so wish me luck!
- Vulture has ranked the best 50 spy novels of all time, and the list caught my eye because I’m in the middle of reading and loving this book.
- Is it extra that I want one of these?
- I use so many of these excellent beauty tips from The Chriselle Factor.
- This is next up on my list to read for book club on Tuesday. I’ve neglected it long enough.
- No pressure, your hobby can be just that, a hobby.
- I loved this Sara Collins essay. She touched on so many of the reasons that I am extremely picky about reading slave narratives. I talk about this essay and her new book in an upcoming episode of the podcast.
- Gayle and I trying to find the best book we’ve read in common. Take a listen to round one of our search. We also chatted with Mari from the lifestyle blog Clover & Fig.
- Looks like smart phones will be even smarter and so will a bunch of other devices.
- TBR additions are here and here.